28 Oct 6 Fun Fall Activities for the Elderly
Autumn is here! After a hot summer there’s nothing better than a crisp autumn day with red, yellow, and orange leaves falling from trees.
The change of season carries a different assortment of activities, sights, smells and flavors with it. Coffee stores bring back their Pumpkin Spice Latte, apple cider appears in grocery stores, hay bales and pumpkins decorate front porches, and roasting s’mores over a fire becomes the activity of choice.
As you get older, one of the most essential things you can do for your well-being is to continue to be active. A new season brings a renewed chance to try different things. Here is a list of activities for the elderly that will take advantage of the beautiful fall weather:
- Build a fire: Sit by a fire with a good book.
- Cheer for your favorite football team: For some, fall is synonymous with football season. Watch a sports game, and follow your favorite team.
- Go for a walk: Take the time to delight in the weather before it gets too cool.
- Decorate your front door: Get cheerful and buy or make a wreath, set up a scarecrow, or carve a pumpkin. You can be as imaginative as you want.
- Make apple cider: Enjoy a warm cup of cider on a cool day.
- Stay in touch: Send cards or write letters to friends and family.
What are some activities and customs that you enjoy during the autumn season?